Sasha’s Superhero Run is collecting new and gently used wool socks and thermal base layer clothing of all sizes for children and adults in Ukraine. The collection will run through December 5th, 2022.
Due to cost of shipping, we ask for donations of only the clothing made from wool or wicking synthetic fabrics (no cotton, sleek polyester or ski jackets). Monetary donations are also accepted and welcomed. For more info about making a monetary donation – click HERE.
We will ship the donated clothing to our partner organizations in Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, and recently liberated Kherson and will distribute it among civilians and Ukrainian soldiers this winter.
Wool Sock Drop Off Locations:
- Saratoga Springs – Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs, 62 York Ave, (Mon-Fri, 8am – 3pm), if doors locked- ring the bell
- Ballston Spa – Play Hollow Store, 40 Front St (Wen-Sat, 10am -4pm)
- Mechanicville – MACSC (Community Center), 6 S. Main St (Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm)
- Latham – Dnipro Euro Foods, AKA The Ukrainian Store, 898 Loudon Rd, (Mon, Wen-Fri 11am-6pm, Sat 10am – 4pm)
- East Greenbush – Martin Electric, 164 Columbia Turnpike, (Mon-Fri, 8am – 4:30pm)
- Averill Park – Sky High Adventure Community Center, 27 Lake Ave, (Mon-Fri , 9am – 5pm)
Sasha’s Superhero Run is a 5K run/walk and a kids run, held in Halfmoon, NY. The race was organized by the family and friends of a local boy, Sasha, who passed away unexpectedly as a baby on Christmas Eve in 2016. The superhero theme of the event was adopted to honor parents whose babies and children passed before their time, as it takes superhuman strengths to go on after a child dies.
During the first 5 years of its operation, Sasha’s Run has donated $54,300 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region (RMHC-CR), helping provide housing, meals, and support to families of seriously ill children, treated in the area hospitals.
Since Sasha’s family is Ukrainian, our 2022 work became all about helping children affected by the war in Ukraine. As a result of our 2022 spring and summer fundraising, Sasha’s Run has sent $39,800 to a number of organizations, including several children’s hospitals and charitable organizations helping children during the war. Click HERE for more info about the organizations/individuals Sasha’s Run has helped in 2022.